PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condolences threads
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 13:23
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After going to several funerals of guys I know that recieved condolences on this site I found a distinct corrollation between the families. When chatting to them they all said that they had been comforted and amazed by the warm extent of feeling and comment made on the PPRuNe thread, which close friends had directed them to. Not one of them said 'I thought the poems were a bit much', 'I thought the comments were too gushing' or 'the comments were full of religious rubbish'. They all said words to the effect that 'they were touched by what had been said'. One man who had lost his son looked me in the eye, all choked up, and simply said, 'You Know ..tigs.. what has given me the most comfort is realising just how many friends my son had, all the comments from all the service people. .....'s mum and I have read them through 5 times, it means a lot to know he was so well liked'.
Nuff said really. Some comments may not be to the liking of everybody, but just be thankful you are simply having to endure another posting of 'High flight', rather than seeing it posted on a thread to offer condolences to one of you sons or daughters.