PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Gurkha betrayed
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 11:02
Ned Kelley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry An email to Liam Byrne

Hi people,

Thought I'd share an email with you that I have just sent to Liam Byrne, see you in the Tower,
"
Dear Mr Byrne,

As a former RAF Regiment Gunner who served alongside Gurkha Soldiers in Belize, can you tell me how you and the FCO can honestly say that, L/Cpl Rai has no "Strong Ties" to the United Kingdom, he certainly has stronger ties than the flood of illegal and EU immigrants you let into this country with out hindrance and have never done anything for this country, yet a man (and a corps) that put their lives on the line for us, and do with an honour I find distinctly lacking in our political class; is refused, despite the fact that L/Cpl Rai was very nearly killed in the Falklands in 1982, he does not have sufficient links with the UK, I am disgusted by that statement, at least the Gurkha's know that the ordinary squaddie both serving and ex service, and those of us who have had the honur to serve alongside with them, are with them in this unfair fight.

Of course L/Cpl Rai and all of his comrades deserve to have full access to the UK and the NHS if need be, shame on you, and shame on your shambolic farce of a government."