PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kemble & Rougham Airfield Under Threat Help Needed
Old 1st Sep 2007, 10:35
justplanecrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeeze Cusco, you know what, there is bugger all publicity about this, even when I was at the Rougham event, many locals did not even know about it. I am gaining nothing from this and I am only trying to help!!!!!!!!!

I did not measure the distance from Cambridge to Rougham Airfield, it was only an indication. From what I saw when I was down there, there is no need at all for a relief road, even the locals were bemused by this. What you fail to realise is that this is the first step for the council, as in Kemble...find someway of reducing activity there, the companies can no longer survive and so they move out, leaving the airfield empty...then the council can say that it is not being used for anything, 'we will keep the control tower' but build housing. If kemble is restricted even more, Delta Jets will close as to will the aircraft recycling there, leaving only a couple of flying schools and a restaurant that will not have enough customers etc.

If I had not posted this thread then you and many others would not have signed it and for a local who lives not 2 minutes away, what are you doing to help? I live west of london so it would not affect me nor those many people as far away as the USA whom have signed it, if Rougham did close. The people at the Rougham Tower & flying club were extrememly grateful for my help when I talked to them. So give me a break, I am only trying to help the people who rely and use Rougham & Kemble Airfields and future generations.