PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 10:07
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy,

I understand also, and support, your wish to keep the discussion contentful.

But there was a question of fact. Rananim said (ignoring his mode of expression for the moment which others have well addressed above), that there were three classes of people in this discussion, and listed them. Well, was he right? Do his three classes cover (with some measure of interpretation) the major classes of participants?

Lemurian pointed out that he, quite obviously, missed a class, and said which one it was.

I think that is legit. Rananim was, objectively, wrong, and Lemurian corrected him.

Here are the classes without emotive words:

a) rated Airbus pilots who do not find the interface confusing
b) technical experts who are interested in analysing the interface
c) others who may not be pilots who are contributing to the analysis from intuitive principles
d) rated Boeing pilots who are wary of the thrust-lever interface on Airbus machines

I'm in class b. So are bsieker and TripleBravo, I believe. ELAC, Lemurian, PJ2, TyroPicard are in classes a and b. Dani is in class a. I think BOAC is in class d but I can't tell if he is in b as well. I don't know where Rananim (probably class e: rabble-rousing )

There are also some people who don't fit these categories. But so far, I have only read of one type-rated contributor who found the interface confusing, and he has long dropped out of discussion.

PBL

Last edited by PBL; 1st Sep 2007 at 10:22.