PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 08:23
Erin Brockovich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have rung around to settle my curiosity on this offer from Skippers (lack thereof) and have come to the conclusion that it is just a polished turd!

A pretty poor attempt to keep pilots. They have only offered this ‘deal’ because they are down to 5 Bras Capts for 6 planes and 3 Metro Capts for 6 planes (from the same source). All those who resigned are still leaving! The clients are pissed.

95k for the Dash and Bras is false advertising.

95k minus 9% Super = 86.45k
86.45k minus 3 months notice (say 2, 1 month is standard) 14.41k = 72.04k
72k. Isn’t that close to what the Dash guys are on anyway?
72.04k minus up to 25k bond (and you are bonded even if your type rated!!!) = 47.04

Now for $47,000 you get to be a Capt on a Dash or Bras working max duty in a company with low morale with the normal bonds and notice applied. Great work of art this document is.

I can’t believe I’m about to do this but I agree with aircraft on this

I think you will find that the offer contains some decidedly unconventional terms and conditions!
But he/she didn’t mention this from the same article

The massive disruption of a potential pilots strike has sent shudders through mine sites. With the FIFO aircraft as important as Christmas at home and with a raft of contracts up for renewal in the next 12 months, industrial harmony will take precedence over price.
Such management arrogance is astounding in the current climate. People will still vote with their feet.