PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA crash video in cameron, California
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2007, 07:30
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately there are a lot of people with more money than brains. This is the major factor behind many GA airplane's bad reputation. Like the Aerostar or the MU-2 rice-rocket. You get these people that go out there and don't treat them with respect.

I'm not saying this is the case in this crash, because a lot of the details
aren't out yet. There could have been engine problems by the sounds of one of the witneses in the FOX video. Then again, we all know how reliable witnesses can be sometimes .

I have a theory. If there is a profession dedicated to do something that I think I can do myself (barring simple little tasks of course), then I will use that professional to do it for me. For example, I'm not an accountant, so I pay for someone to do my taxes. I could very basically do them myself, but since my situation has many complications, I pay for someone to do them.

I am a professional pilot, so I feel fully confortable flying. If I wasn't, I wouldn't buy an airplane that requires a professional pilot who devotes his life to knowing everything he can about airplanes. You just can't jump into a complex airplane like you do into an automobile and go for it.

Again, I'm not saying that is the case in this unfortunate event. For all I know, this guy could have been a very competent airman. I'm just making an observation that there really is a lot of people with more money than brains.