PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?
Old 31st Aug 2007, 21:43
aemowens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete and Westie
Thanks for the replies

I hadn't even heard that Simon Calder had quoted £100000 as an average salary for a F/O! I was working on a monthly take home of maybe £2000-£3000 per month after a few years! ( I was basing it on the replies on this thread).

There is potential for improvement in my wages, but not a vast amount. A decent 'assistant' wage (i.e not someone who owns part of the company) is probably anywhere from £25-£35k depending on area, size of practice, etc Or if you work in a night clinic then you can get a high(ish) wage. But generally the hours are high, the pay is low, and the emotional blackmail is rife! Its not all bad (people do occasionally bring you chocolates!) just that the earning potential will never be that great.

And to be honest, flying was my first choice of career, but I was misinformed as a 16year old, and decided on another career path. I'm trying now (as a slightly more informed 26year old) to follow my original choice, the research of which appears quite difficult! I'm just trying to weigh up whether the investment could be rewarded, it appears that in the end it probably would be (all being well)! Staying hopeful!
A