PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air-Car, Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2007, 17:01
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ioan,

Don't take offense, none was intended, but certainly you did critique those of us who expressed technically based criticisms.

For starters, "New ideas are never popular," as if popularity somehow creating lift, and as if we were negative because of "popularity".

"Who knows how well it'll work..." when several very capable people had already posted the facts, and as if we cannot read the spec sheets and see then need for 5 times the horsepower of a helo.

My suggestion is that you ask "why" and not say "I hope" to both Moller and those of us who can better examine his concept than you can. Who knows, you might learn something, and you might uncover a weakness in our points or Moller's. I do suggest a quick search under "disk loading" for how rotors consume power, because you are obviously one of those fellows who thinks there is a new rotor around the corner awaiting a gutsy "researcher" that can harness a fly's power to lift the London Bridge. The physics of momentum transfer don't work that way.