PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - landing technique B737NG
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2007, 12:42
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Pilot Pete:
Perhaps, then, I misunderstood your comment, "I'd get on to Boeing and let them know they are not providing BEST info to their customers" as an insult. It certainly sounded like an insult. But, if you say it was not, then I'll take you at your word, since it was your statement. I also regret that you think that the verbosity of my efforts to explain things is evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, perhaps I misunderstood your use of the term "waffle." In the US that term is used to describe the inability of someone to make up their mind about a specific issue; an insult, if you will. As far as I am aware, what I've described here hasn't changed in the 30 plus years I've been involved in teaching and evaluating pilots. At least in the US, a 30-year consistent positon would be exactly the opposite of "waffling." Again, I am willing to take your word that your description of my advocacy as "waffling" as being merely your observation and not an insult - I'll chalk that up to my not understanding the colloquialism you chose as a descriptor.

As I said initially, anyone here (and elsewhere, for that matter) is free to think, believe, or fly any way they choose. That includes teaching any way they choose. Those who choose to fly via specific, mechanical responses to given circumstances are free to do just that, and I wish all of them well in their endeavors. That includes you as well.