PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined Asthma, peak flow, and spirometry thread
Old 31st Aug 2007, 00:34
EmiratesCCMad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Thats ok!
Basically, in my "teen years" from like 7 years to 14 it was bad. Then I was prescribed this 'Singulair' tabbo once a day (I was told to stopped taking it at 19 as my asthma improved dramastically with my weight!) and now I only have a special inhaler on a low dosage, incase I have the odd cough on a winter night which is really rare (i mean really), saves me making a trip to A&E just for a neb!

So, I can run long distances without a wheeze.

Anyways, I heard that DXB medical is very basic, like dental,xray of chest?,ECG,Disease check i think and more or less on the lines of that.

In training, they will assess on swimming (which I love) and probarly light work outs but I very much doubt they will send me back half way through CC training because I can't run around the building three times without panting for breath!

Also, the Medical here is also nothing to do with breathing,(i think) just health wise like jabs,dental,disease etc!

I think best way forward is to contact Louise or Mariah at recruitment in dubai and see what they say or should i just be quiet about it?

Thanks for your reply