PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined Asthma, peak flow, and spirometry thread
Old 31st Aug 2007, 00:08
EmiratesCCMad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Asthma+Cabin Crew=?

Ok Guys n Gals,
I have applied to Emirates for Cabin Crew, and pass through group stages and interview, waiting for approval and then get my medicals done.

Now I have asthma, but I did'nt touch on this on the Open Day, and now I am really 'regretting' it.

Basically. I am 21 years old. I had asthma diagonosed when I was a lickle baby (1 or 2) and it got worse and worse from (7-15) when I was 13.8 stones. (Now, Im 10 stones, slim, perfect shape!!!) I got admitted to local hospitals every year for asthma attaks (mild), in winter because winter triggered me off!So basically, i got nebulisers and ventolin/servtide. I was getting better as the dose got up. When I was 14.5, I got worse and doctor/pead. prescribed me tablets: Singulair/Montelukast. ITS AMAZING! Just 2 months of this, my PF reading went woosh! and a lung test results comapred to previous went WOOSH!. As, my asthma got better, I exercised,eat healthy,worked out at gym and lost weight in 7 yrs. Now I can run miles without coughing and wheezing.
However, I have the slight cough in winter, when its snowing.
My asthma paed. discharged me at 15 and my asthma had improved LOADS. I dont smoke,I dont passive smoke etc.

Will this show up on medicals?Is it good to tell EK?Will they say 'NO' to me? *Lol.Shall I keep my mouth shut and turn a blind eye on it?

Because Dubai is hot, really hot! So I just dont know?

I think I should ring up EK Recruitment and tell them, but I'm really scared they might dissmiss me. I worked so hard!

HELP PEOPLE. I need advice.

P.S: Emirates might phone me in 2 weeks time to confirm and then get my medicals done and sent over and I could be in Dubai in November/October/Dec. If they find out in DXB, they can't send me back, can they?

Going to ring EK on Monday 3rd Sep.

Last edited by EmiratesCCMad; 1st Sep 2007 at 07:43.