PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA claim 70% drop out rate
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 17:03
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, let me say that I in no way intend to give up flying at the moment. But after 10 years and over 1000 hours, I'm beginning to understand why people do.

There can come a point, in flying as in everything else in life, when you've done everything you set out to do. When the buzz and the Wow factor hasn't gone, but has lessened...maybe to the point that it's not worth the time and effort required. Or maybe you just fancy doing something new.

It's impossible to understand this when you're very new to flying. You think you'll want to fly and fly and fly, for ever and ever and ever. Maybe you will. Maybe I will. All I know is, I don't get upset and stir-crazy if it rains on a day I wanted to fly, not in the way I used to a few years ago.

I understand where maggioneato is coming from, in a way which, with all due respect, sternone, I don't think you can.

Everything changes, and everyone moves on. And for some people, maybe that means giving up flying and doing something new and equally wonderful. What on earth is wrong with that?

But I ain't doing it yet!!!!!!