PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 15:28
naddy1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment

Charlie 57: With regard to your medicals, don't worry about the time frame. I couldn't get my doctors and dentist appointments within the 2 week timeframe and called them at CCJoiners - they said not to worry, take your time to get everything and fax it through to them as soon as conveniently possible. I sent mine through about 3 days after the 2 weeks. Also, if I can give you some advice, call them to check they received your faxed medicals and to check thet're all satisfactory - I did this it did take me 2 days to get through to them however) and they checked over my medicals there and then and gave me my final approval e-mail just a few days after I submitted my medicals forms - I guess I was lucky in that instance but it is worth checking they're all sufficient just incase they have a query which they won't follow up for a few weeks which will possibly extend your waiting time. It's difficult to get the balance between being patient and keen but it's your career so just go for it!!
There is no need to send a reference at that point - the next e-mail will ask you to hand your resignation in and send them back the employers acceptance letter and your tickets will be with you 4 days before travel. They did not mention references to me.

Goldenboy and Emirates CC Mad: I feel for you. I was in the same position not long ago and was reading this forum and the term "no news is good news" is right - I waited just over 2 weeks for the call and missed it 3 times. You'll be fine!!

EK Ravin: Have you had your final approval yet? My start date is 12th October too. I'm flying from Birmingham. If you haven't heard - try to call them.

Leito: Thanks for your advice regarding accommodation and bank accounts - was really helpful. It's an exciting and life changing time!!
I will c you there!

If anybody needs any advice regarding any of the recruitment process - please e-mail me I am happy to help. It's a time of lots of waiting that seems to go quickly but take forever at the same time.