PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 15:07
EmiratesCCMad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyisthelimit- So bad to hear, you got the 'We regret...' after the final interview. It's really nerve wrecking. Keep trying, never give up. In the 6 months get a job, and when the 6 months are over go to the Open Day and try. I heard on this forum some tried 6-8 times to get through!

Edit: Realised you have to wait 1 year if you got to interview stage. But atleast you know what to expect, and hope you can post your experiences for other 'Wanabees' on this forum.

Gappy: I dont think they allow pets, because you're going to be travelling a lot, and I dont think pets will be allowed to come with you or stay in the apartment and furthermore, it depends on your roommate/s but you could always ask!

charlie57: I've been waiting 2.5 weeks. I'm counting down every single day on my calendar. Im going to be prepared. Medicals and Photographs are booked, if they say 'no' then bugger it, I will have to ring up and cancel lol!
I attended the 'Mancheser' open day. Only 120 people odd attended. At the end 9 people went through. Only 1 so far got the nod, his names Pete, so JUST CAN'T BLOOMIN WAIT!!!!

PER210: charlie57 is right. You can take them yourself, but make sure your in a Business attire, WELL GROOMED (thats really important), clear bankground, quality shot (no blurred etc) because the office staff who are sat in Dubai have never seen you! Interviewers dont make the final decision, its the Recruitment team. Also, preferable if you take a casual pic, on holiday type, NO beer or lots of mates with cheesy laughs. Try to smile! Also,take your resume/cv on a nice quality paper. If you've applied online (most prob) stick on your ONLINE APPLIC. No! No folders/binders to be given to the staff as they heaps of CV's to scan through. Application forms would be handy. Pen is a must to fill forms (look organised) AND BE CONFIDENT AND BE YOURSELF.

One of my mates was really jealous about me getting through, and he wants to apply but he threw (in my opinion) a trick question to me:
Would it be good or bad to put on his resume/cv: Even if I dont get it this time, I will never give up. I have self confidence and the enthusaism to keep trying?
I dont know what to say to him, incase they say NO to him because of the 'desperate-ness'! LOL, If you could answer his q, i would be so relieved lol!
My assests I think were: Speak 4 languages, did Customer Services for GCSE when in H.School and did previous Customer Care jobs

Sorry for long essay lol!