PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Captain
Thread: Great Captain
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 14:38
JustAnothrWindScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One four sick bleated:
If that's your criteria for The Captain, then good luck to you.
We hope you get there safely as he probably looks good, clean, nice hat and very super-manly!
The fact that he ponces around in a shiny sexy uniform is also a good reason to believe he's The Captain.
Yuk.

Super-manly huh. I am really laughing at this. Actually I earned MY bones in the skies of North Viet Nam in single seat single engine fighters. I have been retired quite a few years now. For me the job was always about the job, not the uniform, not in "your terms" super-manly, and "ponces around." I suppose if "you" were only trained to hide in the cockpit and do what "you" were trained to do then you are at your limit. So be it. I always looked at the job as flying customers not in flying airplanes. Going from point A to point B is really to my point of view boring. If going from point A to point B is all you have ever done or been "trained to do" I feel sorry for you.

I suppose I am a dinosaur in how I look at things, but if you are any indication of the "New Breed" of airline pilot, why not just go drive a bus. But only if you were "trained" to just sit in that bus seat.

Last edited by JustAnothrWindScreen; 30th Aug 2007 at 14:51.