PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Jet Hijack
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 13:51
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we restore a little reality to this thread? A little knowledge is a very bad thing. First off, pulling fire handles doesn't do anything that cannot be repaired in 2 seconds. Disconnecting generator drives does not prevent the aeroplane being started up and flown.....until battery power runs out and all instrumentation is lost and total loss of plane and contents extremely likely- you would be making a bad situation desperately worse. As to the suggestions of taking the axe to the flight deck systems, I hold my head in my hands, and the employers will be holding your cojones in their hands for needlessly damaging their lovely shiny equipment! And you may well get yourself shot and prevent your own escape by making all that racket.

Can we try and agree that the right thing to do is for the drivers to absent themselves at any given opportunity? It allows the authorities to hold captive the captivators, it prevents 'escape', and the Captain is no longer in command of the situation so if he can, he should exit and not become just another hostage. Meanwhile I hope those who made rash statements criticising the crews now see the light.

Please- no more bright ideas from flight simmers or people who don't know aeroplanes!

I feel this has been discussed enough, some of this should really be confidential, and I point you to this thread:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=289981