PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 30th Aug 2007, 13:20
five dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thursday August 30, 2007
To: All National Jet Pilots.
Dear all,
The purpose of this letter is to give our pilot workforce an update on activity and
current thinking in regard to your workplace agreement.
I assure you that I do not see a need for industrial action and will in good faith work
with you to avoid it. I accept that some parts (try all of it you dope)of the workforce are frustrated by slow
progress and what may seem(perception is reality you dope)to be a non-negotiable position on behalf of the
company. I commit to redress this.
I have worked to try and improve communication and engagement since taking on
the CEO role(well you have failed miserably you dope). I have been open and honest with all staff about the company’s
challenges and the realities we face in taking decisions to accept new contracts(excuse me while I throw up, back in a min). My
aim is to have a united company that understands and rises to the challenge of
changing dynamics within our industry and our niches within that industry.(pass that joint around it must be good ****. I have pissed off the negineers, that the two we have left, the pilots love me and the F/A's are just dieing for their opportunity, you dope)
Within this context I remain committed to an increase in pay that meets your
reasonable expectations, maintains commercial profitability for the business and,(does that mean Future Bleakness?)
therefore, delivers job security and advancement opportunities to you.
I acknowledge that there is a message to us with this week’s vote by a number of
pilots to authorise the TWU to apply for permission to conduct a secret ballot on
taking protected industrial action.(well done, it didn't take long did it, 2 yrs of banging heads against a wall, now lets see some action, cut the crap)
I also note that we started working with the AFAP and the National Jet Pilot Group in
May in regard to workplace agreements. I admit that we have struggled to find
effective forums to discuss, understand and then determine a practical way forward
to address concerns. I have asked XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXX XXXXX and XXXXX XXXXX to follow up their last visit to bases and to leverage the work already
undertaken and to put before pilots for their consideration a package that seeks to
address your needs.(well it had better be a CA cause we have had enough of your cronies shafting us individually)
As the package is negotiated, we must all take into account the reality of commercial
competition and market pressure to maintain our costs and services at levels that
make National Jet attractive to our customers.(we are the lowest paid pilots in Aus, we have not asked for an extra cent, hows your bank account looking??)
Please judge our proposals on their merits and I commit to respond to your feedback
in good faith.
Regards,
XXXXX XXXXXXX
Chief Executive Officer
Cobham Flight Operations and Services Australia.