PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK PPL Medical
Thread: UK PPL Medical
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2007, 09:03
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's probably worth having a chat with your AME in the near future- the lot in the North West appear friendly enough.

I guess in the back of your mind, your wondering how your childhood problems will affect your medical. Reading between the lines, taking into consideration that you are, and have been free of symptoms since this was detected, it's likely that the end result will be the granting of a medical certificate. (Although I'm making a few rather large assumptions here.)

As, has been stated, the quack is likely to want to investigate things further- it's unlikely that your GP will be willing to arrange these on the NHS.

You do have a right to view your records, but you can't just turn up and view them, I suggest you talk to the person who deals with records at your GP's. You may be a little surprised as to what's not included.

(But don't tell any porky pies to your AME.)

PS, it looks like your enthusiasm is starting to p*ss people off, don't take it personally, try and keep your questions concise and avoid the forums specifically for pilots......and remember how this feels when your a Captain

Last edited by gingernut; 30th Aug 2007 at 10:19.