PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Must see for EK pilots - Income protection issue
Old 30th Aug 2007, 07:48
a380megacamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not from here
I have never bagged the EPC committee. They do a fantastic job and I made a point of personally thanking each of them at the last AGM.

The concern I raised was the potential liability each of the committee members and the EPC membership faced by their (and our) association with LIPS. The EPC and EPC committee were used to give creditability to the scheme. The scheme was originally called and promoted as EPC LIPS. With the EPC attempting to distance themselves, the Club part has been removed. The fact remains that you must be a EPC member to join. The BVI company that the scheme administrator registered is only referred to as EPCL. The actual name of the company is Emirates Pilots Club Limited. Food for thought.

I am told the EPC committee have now taken legal advice and I assume this will be conveyed to the EPC members soon.

For the record, I am not a huge fan of Top Cover. I only have it because there is nothing better. If LIPS was properly managed and structured, I would have been one of the first to sign up.