PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 30th Aug 2007, 00:49
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UFO there is a bit more to it than just "zooming around the skies". Just as you point out its not fair for a pilot to judge his mine employee passenger the opposite is also true.

The NJS people are trying to make a living like all of us. They are not asking for much - just for people to sit down and negotiate in a fair manner. They have been ignored and a last resort the 'S' word has come out.

Having been in the industry for a while i can also point out that they are hardly snobs getting around in flash cars. Just everyday mums and dads trying to do their best for themselves and their families.

The old "you chose your career so now you should put up with anything and everything" that has popped up on this forum about a million times is a silly and lazy answer to a debate. Infact for each and every career you could say the same. Its actually human nature to want to improve conditions and situation and any company worth their salt will work with their employees in doing so.

Then there is the 'LEAVE' if you don't like it mentality. Well do you know what? People do and their are a few employers out their that are now clutching at straws trying to stop people doing just that as their entire experience base has just disappeared. Nothing to do with young kid that would have left for a jet job anyway, I'm talking about the blokes that have been there and done that and really were not interested in starting up learning new procedures and types.

And do you know what it all came down to? Not money but RESPECT.

Rant over. Good day.