PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 29th Aug 2007, 23:03
rikesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which A-levels to take

hello,

received my GCSE results last week, did well enough to get into any A-level course so that's all good.

i want to become a commercial airline pilot and have had this desire for a long time now. some of you may remember my post on this forum a while back.

anyway i know maths and physics A-levels are a requirement to become a pilot. i am also quite sure i want to take further maths and economics alongside, as i enjoy the subjects. however, i have been recommended by my college to take 5 AS levels (1 extra). they have suggested electronics.

was just wondering if there was any other A-level out there which would be of any more benefit to me in pursuing the airline pilot career, that perhaps i should choose as my fifth?

bear in mind that i dont know whether i'll be able to cope with an extra A-level so i may drop it within a month, depending on the situation. also, i understand that the choice is all mine, so no one's comments will become my decision.

i would just like some help from those who have the experience/knowledge, since not many do around here. thankyou very much.