PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 21:41
sazdv1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No vote!

92% voted no according to the texts doing the rounds.

Shanwick, you make some good points.

Now we have voted no, the union finally have to start talking to us, otherwise we are going to keep going back to a no. I dont know about anyone else, but if we are not willing to stike then we should not even be on the pitch. The CC89 reps are going to have to ensure that the are representing us and not themselves. Whilst I dont agree with some of the tone of recent emails, I think there is something to be said for the union/company relationship and the financial benefits of the reps role. I think we need clarity.

I would vote yes for a substantial increase in pensionable trip pay (£90 -£100 FSM, £80-90 CSS etc). 2% salary increase and no changes to air share/crew compliment. Our service is pretty terrible at the moment and any lose of crew will further impact this. By the way I also think reduction of crew member was a cynical way of reducing crew down payments, something I was surpirised the union did not pick up on.

Lets get behind the union with a strong voice of what we realistically want and with the clear principal that we will strike if the company do not take us seriously. The union have to realise that the people they are negotiating against are getting big bonuses for keeping our pay low, and need to play hard ball rather than go along with what they are being told. I certainly wont be backing the union if they communicate to us in the previous manner of, and hopefully we have seen the back of Brian Boyd!