PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short-haul Flights in the UK could be curtailed
Old 29th Aug 2007, 21:36
zed3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living in the Netherlands and keeping a home also in Scarborough in the UK , I regularly , in the past , flew good old BAW from DUS to MAN and then took the train . Lately , due to the security fiasco (in MAN) I have used the Rotterdam-Hull car ferry - bonus , I have wheels (though I walk everywhere) and am able to bring stuff back BUT it is also cheaper , generally . HOWEVER , from Nov. 14th , Eurostar will go to St Pancras in London , then a short step to Kings Cross and heyho up to York , change and on to Scarborough . BUT , one cannot book a through ticket - even though there is now RailTeam for travel throughout Europe . So , I have to book train to Brussels , then Eurostar to London and then London to Scarborough . Travel is still cheaper than any other method - if one books early enough but what happens with delays through the separate bookings ? When the railway systems of Europe get their acts together (a through ticket within Europe) it will be great , until then travel is easier but much burocratic - just like the EU !