PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne medics save lives
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 20:42
Another Old Git

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see some healthy debate, but I think there are some serious misconceptions creeping in. I could write an essay but I will just stick to comment on the last three points from Crab
I was concerned that the richer charities would outpace the poorer
A seemingly valid point but I would urge you to look a lot deeper. This has liitle to do with finances. The charities sit on a collective £30 million in reserves, not evenly spread I grant you. This has more to do with progress away from the status quo.
Paramedics can intubate
I urge you to have a quiet one to one with your local Paramedics. I know it wont be publicised on this forum but there is a truth that I am sure they will enlighten you on, that this statement is far from the whole story.
The charities were set up to provide services that were not funded by the NHS
Absolutely. I think you answer your own point.

To come back to a point that seems to be getting lost, I dont see this as one skill being replaced by a better or worse one, but two distinctly different skills (three if you count the pilot) coming together to form a best possible service to what might be the dying you or me. Dont ask me to choose between Doc or Paramedic. Give me both (and sweets for being brave and drugs and that cute one for reassurance and...