PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 20:31
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't we all forget about BE and just fly M2 to the Northwest and Belfast! lol!

I cannot see BE operating the BHD route with Euromanx already suffering the blow from the M2 revolution - lower fares and higher frequencies. BE would not be able to compete with the frequencies and still have an operational load. Sure, they could operate twice daily but would they be able to fill 78 seats each way? I don't think so!

If BE were to operate to AGP, then they would have to use an E195 to make it economical, this would then mean bringing in an aircraft from SOU or MAN to operate the flights. This would probably be the best option but cannot see it happening soon, maybe summer 09?

I can also not see LPL being launched. They have been able to hold loads on the SOU and had major plans for the airport, but then they started talks with BA over CitiExpress and decided against the LPL expansion and concentrated on MAN. The SOU will be cancelled from LPL next week. The only route operating from LPL with BE will be JER flights on Saturdays during the summer months.