PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is 30 too old???
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 15:35
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please remember 'Dazza' that you only have a chance and at best a fighting chance of becoming an airline pilot. I wouldn't want you to get carried away too soon besides you also need to ask yourself an uncomfortable question what would you do now that you're +3 years older and no pilot job? Would you return to your original career just scrimp and get by doing menial work here and there because you burnt your bridges (unintentionally of course) when you decided to go for it.

Would you maybe become a career instructor teaching all advanced ratings and the like or supplement it with another ground based career during the week. In other words yes you did get stuck into aviation but just not to the extent you had originally envisaged.

Just a thought and hope you won't think I'm raining on your parade or dissuading you from becoming a pilot just want to arm you with as much information as possible from the start.

If you can live with these hard questions above then you'll love the easier questions "which job offer shall I choose?"

Good luck my friend.