PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 29th Aug 2007, 13:44
kikko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody...still swimming..

I don't think BA really care about "the duty of informing us on what they recruitment/course dates, plans will be".
Probably they don't fully know themseves anyway.
The end of financial year is end of march 2008 by which time they will have to make they mind up pretty quickly in order to offer us dates before we ...pass the sell by date....if what said it's not true and they will need people before the end of financ. year, it might be possible they will offer us courses at the begining of next year...The mutter is that at the moment there is really nothing which indicates that this is the case.... so we can just hope things turn the right way.

Philip

I don't think for a moment they BA would offer LHR WW to us external on a permanent basis, if anything theye might offer us a temp contract (though very unlikely).
Rearding the cost of recruiting more efficiently etc., what logically could seem to be a "waste" might not be it at all when it comes to accounts.
Even the decision of not recruiting befere the end of financial year it may make a lot of sense when balancing a profit and loss accounts....
I already got used to the idea that for BA we are just numbers, actually we might one day just become numbers, however still thinki it's well worthy if we talk LHR.

In other words there are so many issues which could influence a decision other than the real need for staff.

It would be a real help if some of you who work at LHR coud share some information on what's going on ....THANK YOU!!!