PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 29th Aug 2007, 12:21
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
UFO

I respect the job you do, and I respect the choice you make. All your points are valid.
Unfortunate if this turns into a them and us argument. It is really about AWA v CA and poor conditions.
I feel I have to point out that we, like you spend a hell of a long time away from home.
On average I spend around 20 days per month away. i.e. 10 over nights. Leaving home at around 4.30 am and arriving home 10-10.30 pm. work weeekends. The roster I am issued at the beginning of the month rarely reflects the actual days worked. Planning for anything is almost impossible. The only safe guards we have is that we can refuse to work on a day off if they give us less than 7 days notice, even then they apply pressure to do it for them and some guys feel obliged to help out.
So the sitting up there fglying around part is OK, but the 2 weeks off you get at home would be bloody nice as well. as for
breathing in all that fine silica/asbestosis air particles and red dust,
there are posts on here some where discussing the air we/you breathg in aircraft as well. Senate committee hearings and so on, its not all that good is the fact.

60 mins covered itr a month or so ago as well.