PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short-haul Flights in the UK could be curtailed
Old 29th Aug 2007, 12:01
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I once decided to be a bit greener and use the train for the majority of my journey to work. Out of 15 work days travelled it didn't turn up at all on three occasions, was a bit late twice and very late on another three, making me late for work on eight out of 15 days.

Needless to say, the Celica got taken to work from then on in. I always aimed for the first available train so I couldn't have left earlier to give myself sufficient time.
Until the trains are as quick and convienient as road and air travel, I will continue to use both and strongly resist politico's attempts to get me out of my car whilst they swam around in huge publicly paid for limos. AND, as long as Cameron and the like live and work in central London and other large cities with good public transport systems they will NEVER know how bad it is for the rest of us. The only time they venture out into the real world they are driven in said Limo!!

Got a much greener car meself now though!!

Doc C