PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your rudest pax?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 11:20
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Inflight stories

I look at this thread more as a thread where we can share inflight stories rather than saying who's the rudest pax... A pax CAN be rude regardless if they are white, asian, black, you name it.... nationality doesn't really matter, let's not start discriminating.
Anyway, have a good one for you. Flight to somewhere in France, boarded and last to board was a young family of 3. Because it's a free sitting airline (and it was a rather full flight) there were no 3seats together. So like i always do to try and sit them together, i ask other pax if they are willing to move so the family can sit together. Saw a gentleman sitting alone in a row and i asked him if he would be so kind and take another seat (i even pointed we have a seat at the overwings rows with more legroom!).The family was just behind me,waiting.
The man (with his nose still in his newspaper): "They can sit here, the child can sit in their lap"
Me: "i'm affraid the child is just over 2 years old and by our regulations,he needs his own seat"
His response (very angry tone in his voice by the way):"I travelled with children before and no one helped me to find sits together".
Me:
In the end i had a very nice family of 3, the child just 14 or 15 swaping seats, spreading around the cabin so my young family can sit together.

In the same flight, when securing the cabin, asked the smartly dressed gentleman in emergency exit row if i can have his bag in the overhead locker for take off and once again for landing. The man refused and said he's ok with it under the seat. Me: "These are emergency exit rows Sir and they have to be clear for take off and landing. Once airborne and seatbelt sign off,you can take your bag back."
The man: "I travel all the time but i never had any problems leaving my bag on the floor".
Me: "Probably you weren't sitting in an emergency exit row Sir?"
The man rising his voice now: "You don't know where i was sitting!" And he got up and changed seats!!!
Everything i've written on this page happened in roughly 5minutes....

Take care. X