PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 29th Aug 2007, 03:45
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remoak, I agree that "industrial action" is not an especially constructive way to reach agreement. My question would be what other recourse do you have when you have used all other avenues to no avail?

I wasn't around the industry in 89 and wasn't directly involved in Ansett so I can't really comment on that. What I would say though is, if you have a fair enough case there should be some sort of independent judgement who can sort this stuff before it gets destructive.

NJ pilots will do what they think is best, knowing full well the outcomes of their call. They seem like a pretty frustrated bunch and they understand the only way they'll acheive some sort of acceptable outcome is if they hang together and don't destroy the company. They like their jobs which is why they are trying to get decent conditions. It would seem dialogue would go some way in solving this, that and the doom and gloom to not be played up so much. The politics of fear raises its ugly head again.