PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 29th Aug 2007, 03:16
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOG

Remoak, thanks for calling me mindless, appreciate that
Wasn't talking to you in particular, rather the more strident elements that contribute here...

I do know the pilot group are not stupid, so things must be grim if they are even thinking of industrial action, not strike mind you, industrial action.
So answer me this. Were the Ansett NZ pilots stupid? Or the '89ers? Or maybe they were just unlucky?

If you take "industrial action", whatever form it might take, you are walking a tightrope. Good luck with that.

Most people that go on strike - oh, sorry, take "industrial action" - have absolutely no idea what effect their actions have on a business. They are truly short-term in their outlook.

Ask any British coalminer.

Fenwicksgirl

It took me 9 years of hard slogging to get to one, cost me untold amount of money and i still have to keep studying, doing checks etc etc. Show me a fu%$ing miner that has to do that you weak moron!!!
And who made you do all that? Somebody holding a gun to your head? Wake up. You chose that path, now live with it. Just because you had to study a bit, the world owes you a living? Grow up.

The miner may not have to do the checks, but he does have to work in conditions that you probably couldn't handle, taking risks that you wouldn't want to. He, too, knows what he signed up for. In many ways, he is far more deserving of his reward than feckless whingers like you.

lowerlobe

Tell that to the consortium that were willing to borrow billions to buy the company.If they thought it was a good thing then the margins are still OK
Oh yeah. Right. Of course it is that simple...

not.