PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2007, 00:59
omarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going mental...

Hi

My first post here and I need a bit of advice.Am due to start cabin crew basic training with Emirates in October. Have been looking forward to it for ages.

I have just been offered another job. Completely unrelated to the aviation industry. The salary is higher and if I'm being honest, by quite a bit. However, it does not include accommodation and in Dubai, this becomes quite important. Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that I would, when all is said and done, have a great time as cabin crew...

I have the details on basic pay, flying hours etc but I am still looking for a general monthly salary figure in UAE dirhams to go by.

So roughly speaking, can anyone tell me what I could expect to earn as a Grade II cabin crew with Emirates, opting to take the company accommodation? (I would never take the allowance, at least not in the first year...)

8,000 AED a month? 9,000 AED? Does it get anywhere near 10,000, ever (for Grade II)?

I know, I know 'it all depends' but...

Also am just wondering if anyone is going to tell me scrap the 'proper' job and just go for it. I'm almost hoping that someone will...

cheers.

omarr