PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC 50th birthday, looking for 50 cracking good stories
Old 28th Aug 2007, 22:06
anonythemouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosnia 96. Flying around above the snowcovered landscape to see a person gesticulating to us from a track surrounded by woods. Not having anywhere to land and being concerned that he may be in touble or wish to convey important info to the brave men of IFOR I decided to head for a nearby British outpost. Did all the good stuff before landing and then briefed the doorgunner A/Tpr Lilley (if my memory serves me) to wade through the snow and pass on what we had witnessed so that it could be further investigated. Sat there with the Kev Allan and watched him struggle through the knee high snow, brief the troops and return to the aircraft tracing his outbound footsteps. Oh how we laughed, having failed to dress for the outside environment and put his gaiters on he was obviously trying to lessen the soaking his trousers were getting. Lilley arrives at the aircraft, climbs aboard, shuts door plugs in and announces "They said we're in a minefield!"