PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAX trying to use his mobile phone - was I right or wrong?
Old 28th Aug 2007, 20:52
drichard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thread drift ...

I always thought that the cell phone at the petrol pump was because of a single incident in New Zealand where there was a fire at a pump, and they were unable to rule out (Note : not prove that) that the 'phone caused the spark. Also, they don't like you using radio transmitters at the pumps (cell, CB etc) because they can interfere with the circuitry within the metering system causing the pump to under-read.

By the way, I always turn off my phone at doors closed (or sooner if instructed by the CC). Well done Chrissw, I hope I have the bottle to do the same should I find myself in similar circumstances.

Now, if anyone out there (i.e. those who will make the decision to allow mobiles in flight) wants to know what this humble PAX thinks about using mobile 'phones in flight - No I don't want them. I have enough of having to listen to ignoramuses on the 07:05 to London and their banal, onesided conversations. I reckon in 1 hour, there must be over 30 calls , and that's in a carriage of only 70 persons, imagine what it would be like on an A330 for 5-9 hours (Air rage anyone?)