PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is 30 too old???
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 20:36
dazza1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 30 too old???

Hi all,

I have a question that has probably been asked many times before, so I will keep it brief so as not to bore.

I have been working as a successful composer for the last 8 years but have come to a point in my life were I need a change for a variety of reasons. I have always dreamed that flying would be my ideal career but feel that I am too old to start training in order to eventually secure a job with an airline.

I have seen sponsorship offers with the a flying School Cabair. You have to teach with them for two years upon qualifying as an instructor, and then pay what ever fees would be left to fully qualify/train to make the transiton to airline pilot once teaching duties are up. Not even sure if this is a good route??

Am I wasting my time thinking about this as a career at 30? or should I follow my other choice of training in Law and eventually fly for fun? I am determined and dogged. I have to be coming from the job I am currently in.

All comments and advice really gratefully received as this is a real career change in my life that I will probably only get one shot at??

Dazza (sorry for the ramble!)