PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Stops Captains Recruitments
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 18:21
Mr. Frodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole 320 thing is already creating speculations and some disappointments among the present pool of EY pilots, esp for the FOs. Those who came to EY as 330 FOs with previous 320 type rating who were hoping for a future upgrade as widebody captains are very much concerned that they might be forced to go down and fly again as 320 FOs. For one thing they came to EY because they wanted to transition from medium to widebody jets, fly long haul and enjoy the nice layovers and get away from the backbreaking and headcracking turn around flights in the a320.

In my own opinion, it would be to the best interest of the company if they will limit the intake of a320 DECs and accelerate the upgrading of qualified 330 FOs to 320 captains in order to avoid dissension among the ranks. We dont want EY to be another EK where long deserving FOs were sidelined to give way for DECs.

I still have to hear and see what management is doing or planning to avert a possible crisis within the ranks of EY jocks. I just hope that it'd be for the best interest of everyone.