PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air New Package
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 15:26
Sal-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've mentioned this before.
The industry right now is such that it doesn't really matter whether you stay or go as far a job availability goes. It's ALL good.
After testing the market whilst on leave, I was surprised to have to decline interviews which presented themselves as quickly as a day after applying online for some jobs.
There's lots of jobs out there and I believe this will be the case for some time yet, judging the expansion rate of some airlines. If anything, a pilot shortage crisis is looming.
There is no risk any way you look at it Trader. Staying? Great. Enjoy payrises, less hassle especially for families, no proving yourself in another airline, familiarity etc etc.
Leaving? Still great. Create payrises where you left, better planes, more money, more destinations etc etc.
Right now, we have that luxury. Lets not get into a leave/stay bunfight. It's all very immature and creates undue stress where there shouldn't be any.
What you're really after is what works best for you and family (if you've got one) in every way.
Best wishes in your decisions ,friends.