PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banks and loans - credit crisis?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 11:38
rob152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately for me and due to bad decision making in my younger more "rebelious" days I have a useless credit rating which basically rules me out of any substantial borrowing. The really annoying thing is that my total debt is approximately 3k, very little in comparison to alot of people and I hope to have this cleared by xmas time.

In the mean time I'm planning on finishing my PPL before the end of the year, ideally by the end of the summer but certainly by the end of the year. This will enable me to embark on the ground school, I work in a place where the manuals will be freely available to me so I have to take advantage.

My salary is not very good at the moment but I have calculated and re-calculated and I cant see why it's impossible to do the training modular and "pay as I go". I would like and am trying to arrange a cdl which would pay for the hour building, whilst doing this there is no reason why I cant save the amount needed for the CPL, even on a relatively low salary. The problem might be attaining the funds for the IR for which I will have to think of a plan. Even if the cdl doesn't come off then I'll just have to pay as I go there too, I already have 54 hrs (not really alot I know) but its a 3rd if the way there.