PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winter Circuits
Thread: Winter Circuits
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 11:29
f27bmaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter Circuits

Hello

I have just discovered this site, and wondered if you could help me with a dilemma I'm currently facing?

I started my ppl this year, and I have spent the last three lessons in the circuit. Things are going well, if slowly as a consequence of cancellations largely due to the weather. However, I'm now not going to be able to fly for the next three weeks due to work commitments.

Which means that I'm not going to be airborne again until well into September, when I am only going to be able to fly at the weekends. And realistically, although I will be looking to fly every weekend, it will only be for an hour and, with the weather worsening, no doubt a few of those lessons will be lost as well.

So the question is, should I persevere with circuits, or should I go onto other things and return to the circuit when the weather (hopefully) improves in the spring?

I'm worried that if I stick with circuits, because of the low frequency of lessons that I will be having, I will need lots before I can solo, and I will be spending all winter on a fruitless search for the required skills, yet if I postponed circuits until the spring (when hopefully I could fly more regularly) I would be able to complete this part of the course in much less time. And I could spend the winter months consolidating my current skills and moving onto other areas that are not so "intensive".

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

BMAW