PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines - again
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2007, 07:01
Clive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No arguments from me Jumpdrive.

I'm not getting things out of context because it is not me that said these things. These reports are a 'cut and paste' from the newspapers in Taiwan for those that do not have access to them.

You are quite correct. Bigger problems have been occuring on the space shuttle. Should we therefore not invesrtigate every angle of this incident? Sadly the shuttle events caused deaths which could have been avoided. The great efforts of the crew in OKA resulted in no deaths, but without such a good crew it could have been different.

If the one message from the "close call" in OKA is to check and recheck then that has to be a good thing.

What if it is also discovered that a corporate culture exists which meant that this slat problem (already known to Boeing and warned about) was missed or ignored? I would want that fixed. Wouldn't you?

What if it was discovered that it is a design fault at Boeing? I would want that fixed also!

This was not a crash! I agree fully. And the media should be held to account for calling it one because it will hurt the airline.

But in any investigation it would be wrong not to look at all possible reasons for the final result. From maintenance training and organizational culture to the fire fighting and communication. Even right through to the evacuation itself (which was done very well by the crew from all reports! ).

I will say it again - IF there are messages to be learnt from this event I hope management receive and understand them.

I would wish the same thing for any management of any other airline finding themselves in a similar position!