PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA Pilots leaving ??
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 21:57
TooBadSoSad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeson, that is not called an attitude, it is called reality. I also have a family and I am also not on the youthful side of the age curve, but this time SAA management is going to use "you" to get out of the sh-t, and you won't be working for the same airline you have for the last 30 years. Even Captains are looking at moving, and not just a few either.

When you have a wage freeze for the next few years (effectively an annual wage cut of 8% or more), start flying 80 hard hours per month (every month), have your S&T reduced so much that you have to pay in just to eat two meals a day overseas, stay in 2 to 3 star hotels, your leave is reduced to 20 "business" days per month, you get 14 days sick leave per year, and have your travel benefits reduced to the point that it's a pain in the ass to use them, and then your airline gets hit with another R300 million fine because some overpaid and under-qualified cargo exec decided to screw around with cargo fuel levies, and the airline adds that to the "gap" they want labour to make up!!

Are you proud of the airline you work for? Does the most deserving pilot get hired when the airline is employing? Are our customers happy? Look in the mirror, mate, and see if your shirt is still on your back because your management is taking you for all they can.