PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air New Package
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 18:38
Mach084

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince anyone to stay or leave. That is your and only your decision; I made mine and I'm happy with it.

What I dont comprehend is how short memory some of us have.

Personally I felt more secure with Hogan who came in with a branding plan and a layed out strategy for GF, he managed to raise moral and had those dimwitts on the bored (pun intended) let him get on with it we would be in a much better shape today. Hogan at least had vision for the future of GF, he wanted the airline to be back on top and he even managed to get the business traveller back.

What strategy does the present mangement have?

The only thing we know which they announced was their plan to reduce costs. Well through their own blunders they managed to double the highest cost in the airline, namely labour cost. They cut numerous prestigious routes, which are the airline's bloodline, HOW ABOUT TRYING TO DEVELOP them instead of chopping them. But you see that's hard, cutting is easy, it requires no managerial skills whatsoever. As for the rest, I guess they're still trying to figure out who we're competing with, Jassira, India express or Air Timbuktu

Oh well I had my say, good luck to good old GF.

Mach