PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay soldiers more and equip them properly!
Old 27th Aug 2007, 16:53
Meldrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a member of the armed forces, but I have a close relative that is a serving officer.
I, as a mere civilian am disgusted by the government's spin and lies about the amount of support that our armed forces are receiving. The gagging order, if true, is an absolute disgrace and I demand that the press follow this up and expose the exponents. Our armed forces are required by government to expedite the actions necessary to defend this country and its interests. The government in return is obligated to provide the resources necessary for them to carry out that task. It is as simple as that, no ifs, buts or further discussion. If this country is required to continue to fight on various fronts, for whatever reason, even if those reasons may be questionable, then we must, must, must avail our forces the required equipment and facilities that the military leaders demand. Assuming of course, that the military leaders have the guts to stand up for the men and women that they command. Any other lilly livered excuse for failure to act is totally unacceptable.