PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st C-17 Delivered to CAF
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 16:51
DHC6to8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ahh so typically Canadian!

Perhaps you might like to ask the Jamaicans about your C-17? After the recent Hurricane devastation
"Canada saves the world.. before they save themselves".... gotta luv it!!

Apropos military...... next time you see pictures of the Indian Airforce's new Su-30 something or other.... think about this... a friend of mine who flies for Cargolux took a few photos on the ramp the other day at Mumbai... Canadain and New Zealand food aid.... arriving in cargo pallets... I think milk powder from NZ and Grain from the generous and gracious citizens of Canada... and meanwhile India is spending billions at the Suchoi Design Bureau.... It get's me everytime... glad I don't pay taxes anymore in Canada!
...and another thing.... with the reported and forcasted increase in natural disasters worldwide... who is going to come to the 1st World's aid when we get taxed beyond the point of no return? The Federal Government of Canada is better off applying their new abilities (read:C-17) in supplying her troops overseas in support of the war on terror... and helping out her own citizens when in need. A friend of mine who recently flew a tour up in Resolute, told me that it was a joke flying resupply for the Canadian Rangers with his Twin Otter, when either a herc, or C-17 could have done the job in a fraction of the time/trips req'd...
Anyhow, enough BS for one day eh?
6to8