PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 12:36
jazmin82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the information guys I should have plenty of time to spare.

I have a question regarding salaries and the speed at which you can progress with an airline. I am using EasyJet as an example as they have their salary figures easily available. (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/pilotrecruitment_oursalariesandbenefits.html)

If you are selected by EasyJet from CTC I can see that you start on £24,445 after you loan re-payments, this then rises to £32,740 when you become a senior First Officer. Does this happen as soon as you have over 1500 hours or does it work a general 'promotion' type system where the airline decides when you are ready (obviously this can only happen after 1500 hours flying). How long does it roughly take to get the 1500 hours?

Is it realistic with an airline like Easyjet to be a Captain within 7 years or does it take a lot longer? I believe that the contract with an airline for a CTC graduate is 7 years minimum before you can leave (without any financial penalties), so after this time do you remain on a cadet salary or would you automatically move up to the direct Entry Pilots salary? Presumably if they do not increase your salary at this stage there is no benefit to remain with them as you could move to another airline as a direct entry pilot on a higher salary.

I would appreciate any ones comments on my thoughts above, especially anyone who is working for an airline after CTC to clarify things for me.

Thanks,

Ben