PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East salaries
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2007, 07:53
TheFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Else?

The Guys contacted by DCA have so far as I know been given an moderate increase but have refused asking for much more. When thinking about what we need here we must consider at least the following facts:

1) We are here for better living conditions which allow us to be better off than our home country (meaning better housing better standard of living etc).
2) Enough money to live comfortably and have that bit more to spend. This means the ability to send your children to decent schools and no need to skimp if you want to enjoy life a bit more.
3) Paid for transportation back home: most of us go back to our home countries more than once a year and for most people it helps us feel closer to home and makes living here so much easier.
4) Pension: for the older guys here remember that you must be saving something for retirement. Older Serco employees had a pension fund and can look forward to their retirement. This is not so now and part of your earnings should be going into some sort of fund and should be considered when making claims.
5) Perks: I know that EK employees benfit from all sort of reductions and exclusive memberships to hotels, restaurants etc. Small thing I know buy why shouldn't we have something similar?
6) Revision of conditons: with soaring increases in prices here we need to make sure that contracts are reviewed at least every two years if not yearly to account for inflation.

One last note: it is very easy to write all this down in a forum. I think the best way to move forward is to unite in some form of association which while not being an industrial union it can legally make sure that all controllers are treated fair and square. Just imagine if some of the guys start getting different contracts for doing the same job. Now that would be the final nail in the coffin not only for Serco but for ATC here!!