PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just got that First Job? Post Here!
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2007, 22:32
Parkbremse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Job a bit earlier than your post but anyway:
airline
Eurowings Luftverkehrs AG
where u will be based
DUS
type of aircraft
CRJ-200 and maybe -700 in the future
a summary of your experience immediately before u got offered the interview, eg breakdown of hours, any type ratings?, previous aviation experience, eg instructing.
I had PPL/ME-IR and the CPL almost completed. Worked as a ramp agent for almost 2 years.
do you have to pay for ur TR?
not a cent
How did u get the interview in the first place, eg through sending CV, application form, knowing someone who helped you out, recommendation from FTO, reply to advert, etc.
I was extremly lucky. I saw a post on a german pilots bulletin board that EW was actively seeking pilots so i gave them a call. Even though they weren't too happy about my "experience" they gave me an invitation at the phone for their assessment center because i had already passed the so-called "DLR-Test" (psychometric and aptitude testing for Lufthansa and the regional partners) and EW lacked enough applications with this requirement. Well i passed the AC, passed my CPL checkride the next day and passed the Sim Check on the 737 two weeks later. Got the contract even before my MCC . Now a month later still trying to get the smile out of my face
integrated or modular training?
modular. Took me three hard years from start to finish besides university and work.
your age