PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motion sickness.
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2007, 21:54
The Grim EPR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motion Sickness

When I first started flying light aircraft I had the same problem. As time goes on, you’ll relax and things will get better. Make sure that you eat a couple of hours before your lesson. I used to think that if I didn’t eat anything, then I couldn’t be sick. This doesn’t work.

Ask your instructor to open all the fresh air vents. I used to get ridiculously hot and bothered and look across to my instructor and he was freezing to death in a jumper and jacket. Concentrating very hard on learning, really made me overheat.

Don’t worry about being sick. Once you start to obsess about it, you tend to feel worse. But if you do start to feel poorly, tell your instructor straight away and they will take control, give you a sick bag and take you back. I used to try and carry on and hope that the feeling would go away. It didn’t, and I was just wasting my and my instructor’s time.

I always take a bottle of water with me and some mints (to stop the dry mouth).

I felt just the same as you and I was gutted that I might not be able to carry on learning to fly. Trust me, it will pass and you will wonder what you were worried about.

Enjoy!