PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - Capt Rad Gammage critically ill
Old 26th Aug 2007, 20:08
sirwa69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visited Rad today in the hospital in Pafos and I have to agree with Roni it's desperate there. She told me that the VP S&M has approved the 10 free seats required to bring him back but there are a number of forms to fill in which she is doing her best with but would appreciate some help from the Gulf Air medical staff. The other major problem though is that the flights are full. It is the end of the school holidays after all.

Rad has certainly lost a lot of weight, and he wasn't exactly tubby to start with. However the good news is that all the faculties are there he recognised us and is currently able to pull himself up using a handle above him. Roni was feeding him a pie when we got there and I was accused of teasing him cause I had a beer bottle on my shirt. Also glad to see the copy of Flight International next to him which he reads when no visitors are around. Now if we could rig up a laptop and an internet connection he'll be on this site.
I am sure that when we can get him back to Bahrain we can organise an internet link for him.

All he needs now is food and excersize (in Bahrain) and the love of his friends.

On On